Teeth Cleanings – Fontainebleau, FL
Keep Your Smile Safe from Plaque and Tartar
Professional teeth cleaning is an essential part of your oral hygiene routine. It helps remove dental plaque from your teeth to prevent cavities, gum diseases, and gingivitis. The procedure takes place at our dental office in Fontainebleau, FL, and can be completed within 30 minutes. Teeth cleanings remove food debris from between teeth and keep the dental structure above the gum line clean. People often get anxious and fear a visit to the dental office. But avoiding teeth cleanings in our Fontainebleau, FL dental office can lead to complex oral health problems in the future. Dr. Charles Krikorian at Dental Specialists Group of Fontainebleau suggests that you should get your teeth professionally cleaned at least twice a year to maintain their health and aesthetics. It is undoubtedly a great preventive dentistry measure.
What are the benefits of professional dental cleaning?
- It helps to remove stains and discoloration from your teeth, making them aesthetically pleasing.
- The procedure can help to prevent gum disease.
- It helps to remove plaque and other bacterias at an early stage, which might have caused a lot of issues in the future.
- The professional teeth cleaning sessions are the right time for your dentist to determine any potential oral issues, like broken fillings.
- It helps to save on your dental expenses.
What are the types of teeth cleaning?
There are four types of professional teeth cleanings. Your dentist will select the right one depending on your dental needs:
- Prophylaxis cleaning- This is mainly conducted on individuals who have an overall healthy oral condition. It is routine maintenance that helps to keep plaque away from your tooth surface.
- Scaling and root planing- This is a slightly more invasive procedure wherein your dentist will clean the gums, below the gum lines, and other supporting structures of your teeth. It is mainly done on patients suffering from gum diseases like periodontitis and gingivitis.
- Gross debridement- If you have not visited your dentist for several years, the chances are high that you would have high plaque build-up in your gums and teeth. Gross debridement is the deep-cleaning procedure that removes plaque and tartar from different parts of your mouth.
- Periodontal maintenance- This is routine maintenance for people suffering from serious oral concerns like gum diseases.
Who are the candidates for professional teeth cleaning?
Regular teeth cleaning should be done by everyone at least once in three months. This will keep plaque and other oral concerns away and make your teeth whiter and brighter. Deep cleaning and periodontal maintenance should only be done on patients suffering from severe gum diseases.
If you have not got your teeth cleaned recently and are looking for a good dental clinic in the Doral area, contact us at Dental Specialists of Doral. We offer our dental care services to the communities of Doral, Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, Kendall, Sweetwater, Westchester, and Miami, Florida.