Single Tooth Implant – Miami, FL
Replacing a Tooth from the Roots Up
Single tooth implants are a permanent and appealing solution to replace a missing or extracted tooth. Like regular dental implants, it acts as a base for your artificial tooth to make it stable and restore your smile. Missing one tooth can also come with a lot of issues. It would affect your bite and interfere with your speaking and chewing abilities. It can also hamper your facial aesthetics. A single-tooth implant is a great option for anyone looking for a permanent solution to replace their missing tooth.
What are the benefits of a single tooth implant?
- The procedure does not involve the neighboring teeth in any way.
- Your bite will be restored, and thus, you will be able to chew properly.
- It will restore your smile and bring your confidence back.
- Your speaking capabilities will be restored.
- Single tooth implants are easy to clean and maintain.
During the process, a dentist makes an incision on the area where the implant will be placed. This removes any soft tissue and allows direct access to gum bone for drilling. An implant is screwed inside the gum and left to heal and adequately attach to the gums. The tooth implant is then installed on the new implant, which acts as the root. At Dental Specialists of Doral Group, we offer high-quality single tooth implants to restore your beautiful and natural smile
Types of single tooth implants
There are three different main types of single tooth implants to choose from. The periodontist must advise you on which option is the best for your condition. The three types of single tooth implants include;
- Endosteal implants: This is the most common single tooth implant. The procedure is already explained. An implant is installed in your jawbone and allowed to heal before the tooth crown is fitted. Endosteal implants are excellent for the jawbone and can improve its general state.
- Subperiosteal Implants: Unlike Endosteal implants, Subperiosteal Implants do not require any drilling in the jaw bone. Instead, the implant is installed under the gum but on the jaw bone. Subperiosteal Implants are ideal for patients with strong jawbones to withstand implant installation through drilling.
- Zygomatic Implants: This is perhaps the least common tooth implant process you can access. That is because it is more complicated and requires advanced knowledge and skills. Unlike the already mentioned single tooth implants, Zygomatic Implants are not installed on the jaw. Instead, the implant is placed on the cheekbones. The process is only applicable for patients who don’t have strong jawbones to withstand implantation.
If you are missing a tooth and want to restore it, talk to your dentist nearby about the single tooth implant procedure. It is a hassle-free procedure that lasts for a long time. To know if you are an ideal candidate for single tooth implants, book an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Charles Krikorian. You can call us at (786) 355-4401 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer our dental care services to the communities of Doral, Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, Kendall, Sweetwater, Westchester, and Miami, Florida.