Inlays & Onlays – Fontainebleau, FL
Treating Your Entire Mouth
Inlays and Onlays are indirect dental restorations used instead of fillings to replace a small amount of tooth structure loss due to decay. Dental inlays are made of a tooth-colored material such as ceramic or porcelain and special dental composite. The placement of inlays improves the tooth’s strength and helps seal teeth to the dental restoration. Dental onlays fit inside the tooth but extend onto the chewing surface. They can be used to replace one or more tooth cusps. At Dental Specialists Group of Fontainebleau, we offer high-quality inlays and onlays in Fontainebleau, FL that will restore tooth structure.
Advantages of Inlays & Onlays
- It is the most conservative treatment as Inlays and Onlays require less tooth reduction.
- Inlays and Onlays can be blended using high-quality material to go with your smile for beautiful, natural-looking results.
- Inlays and Onlays have added strength and durability. Inlays and Onlays are made of durable porcelain material that can strengthen a tooth by 75% and last up to 20 to 30 years with proper care.
- Inlays and Onlays give natural-looking results- in most cases, inlays and Onlays are used to replace old and worn amalgam restorations. The dentist can blend the porcelain to match neighboring teeth, and they, in return, beautifully mimic the sheen of natural enamel. Since porcelain is non-resistant, you can feel confident that your restoration will remain vibrant and bright over time.
- Inlays and Onlays are cost-effective, and also they are covered by most insurance plans.
When might you need to undergo the procedure?
You might need inlays and onlays in Doral, FL, for the following conditions:
- Inlay and Onlays are indicated when the teeth are weakened and extensively restored.
- In case the direct filling does not work. The metal inlays are more superior in strength.
- Placement of direct restoration may be challenging to achieve satisfactory parameters. They are reserved for larger cavities.
- Onlays are indicated when there is a need to protect a weakened tooth structure without additional removal of tooth tissues.
Types of inlays and Onlays
- Porcelain- has tooth-colored features and provides a better aesthetic, and offers a fully functional restoration
- Gold-considered as the superior material. Gold inlays and onlays are durable, resistant to wear, and are tough.
- Composite- provides a natural-looking aesthetic due to its appearance.
Types of inlays and Onlays
- Your dentist in Doral, FL, might not recommend inlays and onlays if you have poor oral hygiene. It is essential to ensure oral hygiene before providing any indirect restorations, resulting in recurrent caries
- Inlays and Onlays are contraindicated in patients with abnormal functioning of oral structures and associated muscles and heavy occlusal forces.
- Indirect restorations are contraindicated in patients under 16 as the pulp chamber is still large and wide dental tubules increase the stress on the pulp. Young children are unable to cope with invasive dental treatment and long procedures.
If you are interested in learning more about dental inlays and Onlays and the best type of procedure for you, get started by finding a prosthodontist nearby today. You can also visit us to get the best dentist in Doral, FL. We offer our dental care services to the communities of Doral, Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, Kendall, Sweetwater, Westchester, and Miami, Florida.