Gum Grafting – Miami, FL
How We Treat Your Receded Gums
Gum grafting is a type of periodontal surgery used to repair gums that have recessed and have exposed a tooth root. The main of this procedure is to prevent tooth decay and further gum recession. Dental Specialists of Doral Group offer gum grafting surgery by experienced dentists in Doral, FL. We can carry out the procedure seamlessly at our state-of-the-art dental office.
Advantages of gum grafting
- The restoration of bone mass helps patients avoid developing other dental illnesses.
- Gum grafting prevents and treats issues in the gum and removes bacteria and plaque that are build-up for a clean and healthy mouth.
- Gum grafting reduces further gum recession and bone loss.
- Gum grafting eliminates sensitivity and enhances your smile.
Type Of gum grafting
- Free gingival graft- uses donor connective tissue directly from the roof of your mouth, and it is used for people with thin gums that require more support.
- Connective tissue graft- uses donor tissue from just under the surface from the roof of your mouth, and it is the most commonly used type of gum graft.
- A pedicle graft uses donor tissue from the areas around a neighboring tooth. The method is only used when enough healthy gum tissues are available in the area.
Who is eligible for gum grafting?
- Anyone with exposed tooth roots. It can make your teeth look overly long, making them appear darker than your pearly natural teeth
- If you have recessed gums and experiences difficulties when eating, chewing, and biting.
Gum graft recovery instruction
- It would be best to brush or floss around the gum line treated until the area is appropriately healed.
- During this time, keep your mouth clean using a special mouth wash that helps control plaque during the healing process.
- Your periodontist will prescribe antibiotics to help reduce the risk of infection.
How much does a gum graft cost?
The cost of a gum graft surgery depends mainly on the type of gum surgery needed and the extent of the gum recession.
By practicing good oral hygiene, you will be preventing gum problems from developing in the future. If you suspect you have receding gums and need gum grafting, do not worry, as the Dental Specialists of Doral Group are always there for you. Call us at (786) 355-4401. We offe