Crown Lengthening – Fontainebleau, FL
Getting Rid of Unnecessary Gum Tissue
The visible structure of your teeth is known as the crown. Sometimes they appear small due to the presence of excessive gum tissues. The crown lengthening process helps to reduce the gum tissues and gives a more aesthetic appearance to your smile. A gummy smile is a cosmetic concern for many people, but crown lengthening might be a necessary procedure for others. If you have weak or damaged teeth and need to wear a dental crown, then more of your teeth’ visible structure should be there to hold it in place. Dental Specialists Group of Fontainebleau offer effective crown lengthening in our Fontainebleau, FL dental office.
Advantages of crown lengthening
- The procedure for crown lengthening is rapid and effective.
- It helps to remove the infected gum tissues to prevent periodontal diseases.
- Crown lengthening needs to be done only once; you can be assured that you will not have to return for the same treatment again once it is done.
- Crown lengthening gives you a symmetrical smile.
- Your overall oral health will be improved.
Reasons for crown lengthening
- To address cosmetic concerns.
- Expose cavities beneath the gum line
- Expose fractured areas of the tooth
- To expose more structure before they can fit a device such as a bridge.
Factors that influence the choice of a technique used during crown lengthening
- Aesthetic considerations
- The length of the tooth’s root
- The proximity of the root
- The appearance of the root.
- The presence of a bone loss.
- The position of the affected tooth or teeth.
- The need for a filling or a cap.
Aftercare and recovery for crown lengthening
- Apply an ice pack for 20 minutes after the surgery.
- Avoid hot foods and beverages to reduce unwanted bleeding.
- For the first 48 to 72 hours, avoid strenuous activities.
- Take any prescribed or over-the-counter medications for pain management.
- Avoid hard, spicy, or sticky foods during the recovery period.
- Use soft foods and plenty of water to allow the gum to heal faster.
- Refrain your tongue from running over treated gums.
- Avoid pulling your lip outward to check the surgical site.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with your dentist to monitor the healing process.
If you have a gummy smile and you wish to change it visit a nearby dentist to discuss the option of a crown lengthening that is best for you. To get more information on crown lengthening, visit the Dental Specialists Group of Fontainebleau. We have some of the best dentists nearby, and our dental office is equipped with the latest technologies. We offer our peridontal care services to the communities of Doral, Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, Kendall, Sweetwater, Westchester, and Miami, Florida.