Bone Grafting – Miami, FL
Restoring Your Damaged Jawbone
Oral bone grafting refers to a surgical procedure done by a licensed dentist to rebuild bone by transplanting your bone tissues. Dental Specialists of Doral Group have experienced dentists and a fully equipped office so that our professionals can perform the procedure with precision. We will thoroughly check your jawbone conditions before deciding if you need to undergo this treatment in Doral, FL.
What are the benefits of bone grafting?
- Maintains and restores your facial bone structures.
- Through bone grafting, the development of dental diseases that can lead to numerous deformities is prevented.
- With bone grafts, the usefulness of your dental implants is improved drastically.
- Bone grafting may prevent future problems that may arise due to insufficient bone density in your mouth.
- The interior grafts help in preserving the ridge topography, significantly improving the appearance of prior fixed bridgeworks.
Who can undergo bone grafting?
- Those who are replacing their teeth with implants.
- A person who is suffering from periodontal diseases.
- In case of facial bone loss that has affected your physical appearance.
- People who suffered from accidents or blow, that changed their appearance or made them lose teeth, and their jawbone is weak.
- A person who has suffered from cyst removal or a tumor.
How to take care of yourself after a bone graft surgery
- To reduce the pain and inflammation, use an ice block.
- After the surgery and your first few days, make sure you eat soft foods; after that, do not rush on hard foods; introduce them slowly until you feel better.
- To avoid blood from flowing at the site, use a pillow to elevate your head when you sleep.
- After the procedure, do not drink coffee or soup to avoid irritation.Keep off crunchy foods and nuts.
- Do not engage in contact sports and activities.
When can I see a doctor?
- In case of an extreme headache that worsens.
- If your gums become red will increase swelling.
- If you experience numbness that does not go away for days.
- If your implant becomes loose after the procedure, this will indicate bone graft failure.
If you are considering facial bone graft surgery, make sure you go to a dentist who has experience in bone grafting. You can visit the Dental Specialists of Doral Group for a seamless and accurate bone grafting procedure in Doral, FL, area. You can call us at (786) 355-4401 to book an appointment. We offer our dental care services to the communities of Doral, Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, Kendall, Sweetwater, Westchester, and Miami, Florida.